1. What is Simchat Tzion?
An organization that covers the catering costs of weddings for destitute Israeli orphans.
2. What is Simchat Tzion’s mission statement?
We operate on the principle that the weddings that we sponsor should be indistinguishable from the standard Israeli wedding. In this manner, the recipients are able to respectably and joyously celebrate their special day without revealing their families’ desperate financial situation.
3. Which public figures endorse Simchat Tzion?
There are many leading Rabbi’s and politicians who endorse Simchat Tzion. To see a number of letters of approbation and endorsement, go to the Approbations tab on the left-hand side of the webpage. You can also watch some of our approbations & testimonials live by visiting our Video page.
4. When was Simchat Tzion founded?
5. How many weddings has Simchat Tzion sponsored?
To date, Simchat Tzion has sponsored over 2100 weddings.
6. How much does it cost to sponsor a wedding?
The average wedding is $3,700.
7. Who runs the organization?
Simchat Tzion, in its entirety, is run by a group of dedicated volunteers from all walks of life.
8. What percentage of the donated money is used towards administrative costs?
ZERO!!! Simchat Tzion is entirely made up of a body of volunteers. The minimal operation cost that it incurs is sponsored by a specific donor.
9. How do the orphans for whom you sponsor the weddings find you?
By word of mouth. It is truly incredible how people from so many different backgrounds find us via word of mouth.
10. What kind of people donate money to Simchat Tzion?
All types of people spanning all ages. Senior citizens to students in elementary school, donate to Simchat Tzion.
11. How can I donate money?
Go to the Donate Now tab on the left-hand side of the website and donate via: 1) mail, 2) credit card, or 3) bank wire.
12. How can I sponsor part of the expense of a wedding?
Go to Donate Now tab to view and choose from the 5 different sponsorship options that one can select
13. How can I contribute on a monthly basis?
In the Donate Now tab, there is an option to have your credit card automatically billed monthly. Check off that circle and specify an amount.
14. Can I choose the wedding that I want to sponsor?
Yes. Go to upcoming weddings tab to view the calendar of upcoming weddings that have not yet been sponsored. Click on the wedding to find out more information about the particular situation of the couple. Then make your decision regarding which wedding you would like to sponsor.
15. Where do the weddings take place?
In various halls throughout Israel.
16. Who chooses the hall and menu for the weddings?
Each couple is given the opportunity to plan their own wedding just like any other engaged couple. They choose the hall, menu, and the number of guest they wish to invite. However, because they are benefiting from charity, we do have certain criteria to keep the wedding standard on a more basic level; not all halls are applicable, we do not permit fancy lavish menus, and the number of guests they wish to invite is capped.
17. Do you have videos of weddings that I can see?
Yes. If you go to the Videos tab, you will find a number of video clips from different weddings sponsored by Simchat Tzion.
18. How can I volunteer or get involved with Simchat Tzion?
Simchat Tzion has many different avenues. Go to the CONTACT US tab to find our contact information. Send us an email specifying your particular interests and skills.
Call our office in Jerusalem in morning hours at 972- 2 502-1751
20. Is Simchat Tzion involved with other projects?
Yes. In addition to sponsoring weddings, Simchat Tzion has a Monthly Widow Fund. We deposit money straight into the bank account of the widow, helping them afford their ongoing regular expenses, such as utilities and groceries.
We also have a Cancer Children Fund. This fund was designed to help the FAMILIES of sick children in Israel with household cleaning help, grocery food vouchers, and tutoring programs.
21. How can I donate to one of Simchat Tzion's other worthy causes?
On the Donate Now page there is a comments box in which you can specify the aspect of Simchat Tzion to which you would like to donate.
22. How can I get in touch with Simchat Tzion?
Call us at 732 580 0858, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
23. How can I set up a meeting with a Simchat Tzion representative?
Send us an email at email@example.com , stating the topic that you would like to discuss with us, thereby enabling us to set up the meeting with the correct staff member.